Welcome to Clean & Sober
Clean & Sober Transitional Living (CSTL) is a community of adults who share the intention of achieving long-term freedom from drugs and alcohol. Since 1989, we've offered a safe, secure, supportive and affordable sober living environment where residents can strengthen their recovery, learn how to prevent relapse and build a strong foundation for a life free from drugs or alcohol.
- Our 14 halfway houses in Sacramento, California, and 120-plus residents represent the oldest and largest transitional living community in Northern California. We have helped over 6,500 people rebuild lives without drugs or alcohol as they make plans to return to their own homes, families and jobs.
- Our residents come from all walks of life. Fortune 500 professionals, blue collar employees and college students share the same goal: long-term freedom from drugs or alcohol.
- We've designed our sober living community for residents rebuild lives, reclaim life skills, avoid relapse and learn how to live without drugs or alcohol – all while living in a safe, affordable and supportive community.
- Residents share beautiful homes in Fair Oaks, California with others who are committed to their recovery - and yours. Residents are key to CSTL’s powerful system of care built on the integrity, commitment and support of fellow residents and staff.
- Do you need to find addiction recovery before you join our recovery community? We will help you find residential inpatient treatment or intensive outpatient treatment with our partner Clean & Sober Recovery Services.
- Residents join the CSTL from all over the country and all are welcome. CSTL is located in Fair Oaks, California, a lovely suburb 20 miles east of Sacramento. Public transportation is less than a block away, along with two shopping centers, supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations, banks, coffee shops, clothing stores, and employment opportunities. Downtown Sacramento is about 30 minutes by light rail. San Francisco and beautiful Lake Tahoe are both a few hours away by car or AMTRAK. It’s just a 45-minute drive to Sacramento International Airport.
Find out how CSTL can help you achieve long-term recovery.
To learn more, call us NOW at (916) 961-2691.
"I know for a fact that I wouldn't still be sober if not for 'Mad House.' The support I get from the staff and peers is absolutely amazing."