John Perry, Co-Founder, Clean & Sober Recovery Services, Inc.
When someone has become dependent on alcohol or drugs, the first step on their road to recovery may be detoxification or “detox.” The detox process, which helps reduce physical discomfort while monitoring health and safety, is critical to safely leaving alcohol or benzodiazepines (such as Xanax) behind. Otherwise, abruptly stopping these substances can be life-threatening. And suddenly stopping other substances can be so difficult and uncomfortable that people simply give up and return to the familiar physical and mental comfort of drugs or alcohol.
With that in mind, we are excited to let you know that - starting in February - Clean & Sober Recovery Services will offer in-house detox as part of the Clean & Sober network of care.
Here are the advantages of this approach:
• There won’t be gaps in service or unfamiliar landscapes to navigate when people begin their detox here and then continue on with us. When they arrive, people will meet the staff who handle their care beginning to welcoming them through celebrating their graduation. Familiar faces help our residents become comfortable throughout the entire process.
• Participants in the detox program will be familiar with the physical layout of our residential treatment center, as well as our guiding principals of treatment and recovery.
• They’ll start to build a network of support for recovery as they participate in groups and meet other residents in the CSRS treatment center.
• Their families will find guidance in our FREE and confidential family support meetings even before they enter detox to long after they graduate. Note! We offer this support to the community, even to those who don’t have someone in treatment with us.
• Last but not least, participants in detox will be nourished throughout their stay by delicious and nutritious Recipes for Recovery created by our full-time chef.
If you or someone you love needs treatment, we’ve made it easier than ever to get the support you need. Call Clean & Sober Recovery Services at (916) 990-0190 to learn how we can help.